• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite Chat Support for Design

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys - I was wondering if anyone was aware of any companies that offer Creative Cloud design live-chat / on demand assistance? 
I've just started using InDesign & Illustrator and have a huge workload to complete before the current lockdown my country is in lifts - and I get stuck on random issues at random times so posting on a forum and waiting for an answer is not an option sadly, nor are YouTube videos that don't touch on the same issue. 
(In case you're wondering why I don't hire a pro - I'm capable of doing 90% of the work - I just need a prompt once in a while but when I do I need it quickly). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hjus Thank you and apologies for posting there - I was at wits end and posted there as I thought it might fit the general help nature of the question best (given that it was about getting help!) and wasn't specifically about InDesign.

Thank you for moving it and apologies again for the inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until you find such a service, why don't you post your issue(s) on this friendly forum.

You may find you get quicker and more expert advice on here!

Please state your InDesign version and OS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Derek Cross  - in future I most certainly will! I was just curious to know if such a service existed (haven't been able to find one via google) although there are plenty of general IT on-demand subscription based companies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several of us here that do on site and remote training. I'd be happy to discuss your needs privately.

Feel free to send me a direct message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome - thank you - I'll drop you a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These tools have a steep learning curve, and professional training is usually considered necessary. Trying to dive in and do work will surely waste much more time, and may waste a lot of work which turns out uusable. Invest the time in training - and I don't mean random Youtube videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with what you're saying, however I've been using photoshop for about 15 years and lightroom for 8. Unfortunately I never touched other Creative Suite products until the lockdown hit and was forced to take on the work of other team members who couldn't work remotely. 
The learning curve isn't that bad if you're capable. I'm not talking about newbies here - perhaps Canva is suitable for them. 
However there are random things that don't quite work out but once solved are a breeze to get right if you're well versed with one piece of software. Not all of that can be found via YouTube or google search (and I believe I'm quite adept at both). 

Sadly I also live in a country where design professionals (if they have a job at all) are lucky to make 50% of what they used to preCovid. There are other considerations like slow internet and a lack of home working capabilities. Such is life now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines