• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cross ref in a document

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So I’ve just made 258 text anchors and now I need to create cross-references in order of the 1st text anchor with the 1st paragraph text in a text frame, 2nd text anchor with the 2nd paragraph text in the same text frame and so on. I’ve done the text anchors manually but now I’m dreading to do the cross referencing on each one of the 258 text anchors I’ve just made. Would there be any easier way to do this hopefully via scripts? I've looked everywhere in the community and failed to find something that works without errors, I've tried to script myself but just can't get my head around it. I'm doing it this way so that it keeps the references between the anchors/paragraphs even if I move around the paragraphs or pages whenever needed. Any help would be great. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A text anchor is, um, anchored in a paragraph. When you move the paragraph, the anchor moves with it. No need for a cross-reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think my question was not clear enough that the text anchors and the paragraphs are on separate pages - such as Index and the rest starting from page 2 onwards.. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines