• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross reference - formatting APA reference

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a document I am making, I need to format my text for APA style reference. The sources are written as follows in a numbered paragraph style called "sources" like so:

[1] Author, A. (2000). Title.

[2] Author B, C. (1990). Title.

For my referencing I'd like to use a footnote like style where the number inside the brackets is placed in superscript. 

To make finding the source easier, I use full paragraph text as reference style, (which means: <fullPara /> ) to ensure the entire reference is displayed in the cross reference (aka hyperlink) panel. 
I then remove the brackets by creating an invisible character style, 0,1pt with no colour and 1% horizontal scaling, (see link and search infinitely small.) 

For the body text, I have created a paragraph style with Grep associated to the brackets, where \[+ and \]+ are associated to the invisible character style. Now, how do I remove the second part of the reference, the actual reference text: "Author, A. (2000). Title"?

And does that allow me to use cross referencing with 2 or more sources in text like so [1,2] with the 1 and 2 character being the cross reference and the entire piece of text within brackets in superscript? I have already applied superscript as character style within the cross reference style. The end result should be as though it were two footnotes.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To simplify the question, I'd like to use a GREP style to apply my invisible character style to all text from "]" to the end of the paragraph. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines