• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl+Shift+L doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortcuts for text aligning (align right, center, justify, full justify) all work except ctrl+shift+L for align left. It doesn't work. This came about with the latest update to InDesign a few weeks ago.

I'm having the same problem with the new Photoshop, where ctrl+shift+L does auto tone.

I'm working in Windows 10. Is there a conflict with shortcuts between OS and apps?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi Kevin,

just checked with my German InDesign 2020 version 15.1.1.103 on Windows 10.

All the said keyboard shortcuts are working as expected.

Could that perhaps be a conflict with a recently installed or updated application like a browser or a virus detection software?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the keyboard settings are actually set properly - nothing has been changed or modified for the settings ? Also try changing them to something else and then changing them back again (worked for a client just last month)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. So, I tried that. Switched to shift+ctrl+2 and deleted shift+ctrl+L. That worked so far: shift+ctrl+2 worked to align text left. But when I deleted that shortcut and tried to replace it with the original shift+ctrl+L, it wouldn't let me. (And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my keyboard.) What could that mean?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

just checked with my German InDesign 2020 version 15.1.1.103 on Windows 10.

All the said keyboard shortcuts are working as expected.

Could that perhaps be a conflict with a recently installed or updated application like a browser or a virus detection software?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If any of the above-mentioned solutions or suggestions helped, please mark them correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. The problem hasn't been solved yet, apart from me creating a new shortcut as a substitute for shift+ctrl+L. If there's a conflict with some other software, I don't know how to go about figuring out where that conflict is. So, if it's possible to get further assistance, I'd be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines