• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor disappears

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every so often in InDesign, my cursor disappears entirely when it's hovering over certain areas of the document. I'm talking about the black mouse arrow. I will see it moving as I move my mouse, and then all of a sudden it disappears, as if it's going behind an invisible box. If I move the mouse back in the opposite direction, it will soon become visible again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We have isolated this issue, it is mainly present on macOS 10.13, and can occurs anytime whenever cursor related functionality being used like placing/drag-drop/selection etc.

This is not related to GPU.

We are actively working with Apple on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible. However, it may not get fixed with the GM build of High Sierra (10.13), but a subsequent Dot Release.

We will surely let our customer know, once we have more information from

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem happens on windows as well. When switching between workpaces, it first stops responmding, then the cursor disappears. I closed the program and opened it again  but the cursor is still nowhere to be found. I urgemtly need help resolving this problem because I have back to back deadlines and this is the only trhing slowing me down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this issue was posted in 2017, but I'm experiencing it today on my MacBook Pro. Adobe CC is up-to-date. Does anyone have a workaround or solution? Not being able to see the cursor while working on a file is like removing my eyeballs. Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, so I just installed Catalina (I know, so late to the game) and immediatly had the same problem with InDesign as you're having. I trashed my preferences and restarted and that got rid of the problem. But, I have no idea how long it will last. It could be I'm going to have to do the same thing tomorrow:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Catalina 10.15.5, InDesign 2020 on a macbook pro 16 and this issue is still very much a problem. The Mouse keeps disappearing inside the workspace but is visible when I move the mouse to the sides. 3 years on and no solution. I'm sick of having to keep closing inDesign (when I have a lot of windows open) and keep restarting... come on, adobe.. fix these annoying bugs that have been around for so long! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines