• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor disappears

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every so often in InDesign, my cursor disappears entirely when it's hovering over certain areas of the document. I'm talking about the black mouse arrow. I will see it moving as I move my mouse, and then all of a sudden it disappears, as if it's going behind an invisible box. If I move the mouse back in the opposite direction, it will soon become visible again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We have isolated this issue, it is mainly present on macOS 10.13, and can occurs anytime whenever cursor related functionality being used like placing/drag-drop/selection etc.

This is not related to GPU.

We are actively working with Apple on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible. However, it may not get fixed with the GM build of High Sierra (10.13), but a subsequent Dot Release.

We will surely let our customer know, once we have more information from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ID are you? What OS?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael, I'm having the same problem. InDesign is up to date. I'm on a mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. I'm working on a magazine with lots of color photos. I have two monitors going. When I'm trying to edit copy or place pictures, my cursor disappears... I can see the object highlighting (in other words, I can see the bounding box of an object or get the handles) but don't see the cursor until I click down. it's a bit frustrating as I keep thinking the cursor might be on the other monitor, but it's definitely in the program. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan, have you tried the same project with only one monitor instead of two? I've observed that a couple bugs which have been reported on this forum involving running two monitors are slower to be solved because (1) you're probably in a minority running two monitors, and (2) it's harder to reproduce bugs involving multiple pieces of hardware at the same time.

I run two computers (MacBook Pro and iMac) which no such problem with a cursor. But because of the hardware differences, I can't test what you're reporting.

If it happens to you consistently, you might file a bug report here, being sure to describe your hardware setup:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a similar problem (or the same ?) with ID CC 2017 (latest update) on Windows 10 and had the same problem in the past with Photoshop CC 2017: the cursor starts flashing annoyingly and I cannot type numerics. Even when I`m switching program windows the flashing cursor stays until I quit InDesign. Couple of months ago I tried everything with Photoshop to no avail and had to resort to CC 2015!

Any suggestions?

Thx Ralf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jackbrannen_pl  wrote

… I will see it moving as I move my mouse, and then all of a sudden it disappears, as if it's going behind an invisible box. If I move the mouse back in the opposite direction, it will soon become visible again.

Susan wrote

... I can see the object highlighting (in other words, I can see the bounding box of an object or get the handles) but don't see the cursor until I click down.

Hi together,

just a guess: Would it help to switch to another open app ( cmd tab on a Mac ) and go back to InDesign?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have just submitted a bug report.

InDesign CC 2017.1

Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

27 inch iMac

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

I'm only using one monitor. If I hover over a graphics or text frame the cursor disappears - click the frame and it reappears. Hover over another frame, it disappears again - click and it reappears.... ad infinitum. Its the same whether in Preview or Normal mode. Very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still wondering if anybody with this problem has tried turning off GPU acceleration, and have you all turned off Type Contextual Controls (both items in Preferences, of course)?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreeing with Mike on this one - could you all try turning off GPU Performance in your Preferences and let us know if the problem persists? This is a known issue and a bug has been logged.

-Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to through a wrench in the works, guys, but I'm having the problem with the GPU pref turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU performance was not on when this problem began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem: indesign document very heavy! Try this; Unused paragraph style, character style, color swatches DEETE. Paragraph style --> grep style (very very much) deactive Paragraph style --> Split column deactive Display performance settings--> slowly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a one page document (actually half page) with two graphics and a text box. i am getting this. It actually kind of ghosts into a little box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ghost.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is also doing the same thing, and it seems a little different than the previous problems.
If I exit out of the program and reopen it seems to be okay, and then after ~10 minutes the cursor begins to flicker and glitch.

Any update on what the problem seems to be and how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the High Sierra bug. If that's the case roll back to Sierra or learn to live with it until Apple fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We have isolated this issue, it is mainly present on macOS 10.13, and can occurs anytime whenever cursor related functionality being used like placing/drag-drop/selection etc.

This is not related to GPU.

We are actively working with Apple on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible. However, it may not get fixed with the GM build of High Sierra (10.13), but a subsequent Dot Release.

We will surely let our customer know, once we have more information from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem with latest Indesign CC install and 10.13 High Sierra - hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This issue has been resolved with the MacOS 10.13 Supplemental Update released today. Please update your OS if you're experiencing this issue with High Sierra.

pasted_image_at_2017_10_05_12_33_pm.png

Thanks,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running MacOS 10.13.4 and this issue has raised it's head again.  Cursor appears when hovering over tabs when screen is on my MacBook Pro, when I move window to my LG display cursor disappears over tabs. 

Related or ideas?

Thanks,
Casey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ever since the 10.13.4 version update.  Also using an LG display and macbook pro.  Appreciate any help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask in the Acrobat forum. You’ll get way more help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the same issue with Mac OS Mojave & indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Any solution anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right clicking and running something from that menu like a copy or paste. that brought mine back in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines