• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cursor frozen on pencil

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm starting a new document, and for some reason every time I go to a different window other than inDesign, when I return to the InDesign window, my cursor has changed to the pencil symbol, with a circle with a slash through the middle. I can't edit or change anything in the document, or change the cursor back. Every time I restart, I get the regular pointer and edit options back, but the second I click on anything or switch windows, it goes back to the error pencil. I've restarted my computer three times, nothing is changing. This hasn't happened before, and I had been using the program all morning without issue. Please tell me what is happening and how I can fix this, I'm in a class and can't follow along with the instructor.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign? Have you tried resetting preferences of the app?

Additionally, you may try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if they help.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines