Highlighted

Cursor/insertion point ignores text on one page.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. I hope someone can help with this. My entire document (book) is fine, except one page. On that page I can't click on any letter or word and have the insertion point show up in order to type or move or alter anything. When I hit the enter key on my keyboard the insertion point/cursor travels down the page as if it's over top of the text. Thank you for your input!

Will 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Without seeing your file, I would guess that there is an otherwise empty text frame over the text. Click on the text with the Selection tool and press delete. If the text is still there, you successfully deleted the empty frame. There may be more than one.

~Barb 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cursor/insertion point ignores text on one page.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. I hope someone can help with this. My entire document (book) is fine, except one page. On that page I can't click on any letter or word and have the insertion point show up in order to type or move or alter anything. When I hit the enter key on my keyboard the insertion point/cursor travels down the page as if it's over top of the text. Thank you for your input!

Will 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Without seeing your file, I would guess that there is an otherwise empty text frame over the text. Click on the text with the Selection tool and press delete. If the text is still there, you successfully deleted the empty frame. There may be more than one.

~Barb 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb. Many thanks! It worked.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0