• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor is sticking Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only when working in Indesign CC 2018, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, my mouse will not smoothly move my cursor. It's fine in Photoshop and in the finder. Very difficult for me to work when the cursor won't move properly. I saw some posts from last year regarding this, but nothing currently, and I am on the OS that is supposed to prevent the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Well, it's strange, but I had updated last week and I got another update notice today so I ignored it. I just did another OS update and it is still 10.12.6 as it was before. However now my cursor is not sticking and working fine. (InDesign only)

It was not jumping, but when I moved the mouse, the cursor would drag and not go where I needed it. It would eventually get there with effort. Tough to move even one thing. The scroll was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shirley:

Hmmm. There was a bug with an early version of High Sierra with a visually corrupt cursor, but I don't remember anything about a cursor not moving smoothly. Is it jumping around while you are moving things, or while scrolling, or just all the time?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's strange, but I had updated last week and I got another update notice today so I ignored it. I just did another OS update and it is still 10.12.6 as it was before. However now my cursor is not sticking and working fine. (InDesign only)

It was not jumping, but when I moved the mouse, the cursor would drag and not go where I needed it. It would eventually get there with effort. Tough to move even one thing. The scroll was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Shirley, we'll take fixes anywhere we can get them! Glad it is now straightened out.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it's sticking again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try it with a different mouse? It could be either a malfunction, or a problem with the mouse driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the mouse. Everything works fine when I'm not in Indesign. It is only with that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every application interacts with the operating system and peripherals in a unique manner. Just because the issue is isolated to InDesign doesn’t mean in it’s not the mouse or a driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same sticky cursor in InDesign.

By the looks of this message thread, Adobe hasn't offered any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm using a mouse and just bought a new one hoping to resolve it but still happening. Only in Indd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for anyone who is having odd cursor problems: jumping, highlighting the wrong areas, selection tools not responding to trackpad in normal way. I was ready to throw my Adobe software out the window. Using an external keyboard and mouse didn't fix the problem.

FOUND A FIX after months of searching, and finding NOTHING in the Adobe chat rooms:

SOLVED: Trackpad suddenly over is sensitive - MacBook - iFixit

1) Turn off trackpad "tap to click"

2) Put the MacBook Pro or Air on a hard surface. Press really hard on diagonally opposed corners of the trackpad at the same time (example: press the top right corner with your right index finger at the same time as the bottom left corner with your left index finger) repeat for all four corners. Do multiple times if necessary until the sensitivity issue is resolved.

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. This method was recommended to me from an Apple support online chat rep name Jason. I LOVE IT! One caveat - he said I may have to do it again if it starts acting up.

Thanks to Jason at Apple support. This guy deserves a big pat on the back and a raise!! Copy, repost, and spread the word to others who may be ready to put their MacBook air through a shredder! Pay it forward.

I am using CS6, MacBook Pro mid-2015. My cursor problems were 100% with Indesign, and not with any other aspect of the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my sticky-mouse issue. I am running InDesign 2020 (v 15) on Mojave. Be sure to re-start after you turn off trackpad "tap to click" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new 2020 Macbook Pro 13 (4 ports) intel. Latest CC, Dec 19, 2020. Had the mouse lag. Closed Photoshop and it's good now. So anything here that states it's an old problem is incorrect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With all the latest updates in InDesign my mouse is still acting funny. Only when I use the earlier version 16.2 my mouse works smoothly. Adobe needs to fix this issue once ans for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines