• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor "stuck" when clicking and dragging

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a weird issue where the cursor sort of "sticks" in InDesign when I click and drag to create or move an object. I can see the outline of the object moving around where it should, but the cursor and tooltip with dimensions/location will be back at the original location. Screencap attached.

I'm running the InDesign 16.0.2 (no weird plugins, just FontExplorer) on a 2017 5K iMac with Big Sur 11.1 (although the problem started back in Catalina).  I've uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared preferences, with no luck. Even un/reinstalled Logitech and Wacom software just in case. 

Any ideas out there?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weirdmouse2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please check if turning off GPU performance in Preferences (CMD + K) help resolving this issue? 

gpu_preferencesID.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck, I'm getting the same behavior with GPU turned off.weirdmouse3.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preferences > interface, at the bottom of the screen. Is it on “never”?

Capture d’écran 2021-02-07 à 14.10.18.jpg

Choose the last option, I don't know the English term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have it set to "delayed" -- the live screen drawing works fine but it still has the same problem with the cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines