Highlighted

Curving a line issues

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to curve a line in InDesign in an article. After drawing the line and clicking on the convvert direction point tool, then clicking on the direct selection tool, those white boxess show up to create handles. However, there also is like a wierd "halo" around the line with boxes of its own. I can curve the real line, but that wierd elipse that surrounds the line moves the text in the article. I can't get rid of this elipse. 

TOPICS
Print, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Curving a line issues

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to curve a line in InDesign in an article. After drawing the line and clicking on the convvert direction point tool, then clicking on the direct selection tool, those white boxess show up to create handles. However, there also is like a wierd "halo" around the line with boxes of its own. I can curve the real line, but that wierd elipse that surrounds the line moves the text in the article. I can't get rid of this elipse. 

TOPICS
Print, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to curve a line that you drew with the Line tool? If so, see below.

If not, please share a screen shot to eliminate guesswork.

~Barb

x_example.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2020 0