Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

custom colour for paragraph shading

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I am trying to add a custom colour for a paragraph shade, but I only have these options - how would I make my shading a custom colour (I have colour codes I need to work with) - when I make it into a new paragraph style once I've added the correct shading, I still don't have the option to make it custom that I can see. Someone on youtube said you could come back to paragraph shading to add a custom colour but doesn't actually show us how to do it. Is is possible or do I need to go about it a different way?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

You can create a custom color palette and or use libraries to save colors. Here is information on using custom colors: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/adobe-color-themes.htmlhttps://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/color-theme-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

The Colors list in the Paragraph Shading dialog is a list of available color Swatches. To create a new Swatch that will show in the Shading dialog, open the Swatches panel and choose New Color Swatch from the panel flyout menu—uncheck Name with Color Value to give the new swatch a custom name:

Screen Shot 1.pngScreen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: for some reason the colour I wanted has just appeared in the box (I didn't notice it before) how does that happen? How do I make it appear in that drop down menu? I have no idea how this happened in order to recreate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a custom color palette and or use libraries to save colors. Here is information on using custom colors: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/adobe-color-themes.htmlhttps://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure what keywords or jargon I should have been searching for to make this happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Colors list in the Paragraph Shading dialog is a list of available color Swatches. To create a new Swatch that will show in the Shading dialog, open the Swatches panel and choose New Color Swatch from the panel flyout menu—uncheck Name with Color Value to give the new swatch a custom name:

Screen Shot 1.pngScreen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this visual this is great!! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines