• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom dropdown menu removed from view when textfield underneath

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm designing an interactive PDF form which will only ever be used in acrobat.  I've built custom drop down menus to be consistent with my design using a series of buttons that are revealed/hidden when each option is selected. This has so far worked really well until the drop down menu list goes over the top of an interactive text field layered underneath it, in which case the overlapping section of the menu does not display in PDF.

Based on how I've built the drop down menu I'm asking if it's possible to have a button positioned over the top of an interactive text field in indesign. It seems perfectly reasonable for indesign to not allow this but for my situation it would be great if there was a work around.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that others can help you, please use the Insert Photo button for screenshots; not the Link button.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my apologies, I thought that's what I'd done. How silly of me. Please see screen shots below. The first shows my indesign setup, the second shows how it displays in acrobat.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.53.13 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.52.38 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines