Highlighted

Customize error message returned from a script provider, c++

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the InDesign C++ SDK you can add a IErrorStringService service provider and return error codes from a script provider that are translated into human readable strings. That's straightforward.

But is there a simple way to return customized error strings from a script provider? I'm about to add an IStringData to the error string service provider boss and override IErrorStringService::GetUserErrorString, which should work, but thought I'd check here if anyone knew an easier way first.

Thanks!

Topics

Scripting, SDK, Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Customize error message returned from a script provider, c++

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the InDesign C++ SDK you can add a IErrorStringService service provider and return error codes from a script provider that are translated into human readable strings. That's straightforward.

But is there a simple way to return customized error strings from a script provider? I'm about to add an IStringData to the error string service provider boss and override IErrorStringService::GetUserErrorString, which should work, but thought I'd check here if anyone knew an easier way first.

Thanks!

Topics

Scripting, SDK, Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?