• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge from the Web without own InDesign Server

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a software developer and very new to InDesign.

I have a web application which collects data from the user. A designer has created an InDesign document for me. Now I would like to merge the user data from the web application with the InDesign document and deliver a PDF for the user.

As I understand it, the InDesign Server would do this for me. But it is way to expensive, since my app is supposed to be used very rarely and provide no income.

So is there an other solution for my usecase? Perhaps a web service which is paid per use? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no other solution using Adobe software for your use case. It is important to note that server licenses, because they may replace several, hundreds, or thousands of actual product users, are usually much more expensive.  I suggest you take a step back to look at the more general problem "I need a web service to make PDF" and forget Adobe technology and end user tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use PrintUI for this. https://marketinginflection.com/printui

(Discaimer: I'm one of the cofounders of PrintUI.)

It's not free, but it's much more offordable than buying for your own InDesign Server license.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines