• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge > Export to PDF - Include Hyperlinks not selectable

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use data merge to create some PDFs but when I get to the Export Adobe PDF page the "Include Hyperlinks" option is not available to select. I did create hyperlinks in my ID file and they are not part of the merge fields.

Any idea what's happening or how I can export this ID to PDF with my hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export PDF option that is available from the Data Merge panel is not the same as the usual print PDF exports. It misses many features and cannot do the following:

• The page range (not the record range)
  • Spreads
  • Create Tagged PDF
  • Create Acrobat Layers
  • Hyperlinks

The solution is unfortunately two-part. Export as an ID file, and then PDF the resulting ID file from there.

If you're doing lots of records, perhaps consider the Data Merge to unique names javascript that I wrote and is free to download here: https://colecandoo.com/downloads/  and use it to make uniquely named ID files per record. From here, use Peter Kahrel's Batch Convert script to open/close all files in a folder/subfolders that will save them as print PDF. Peter's script is available here: Free script Batch convert/export InDesign documents | Peter Kahrel

I have a pro-version of my script that saves the two-step procedure and allows some other cool stuff, but this is a paid application:

proversion.png

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! At least I know I wasn't missing something in that export PDF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines