• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just discovered data merge and it is going to help so much but having some issues with it straight away.

i have a template that has room for 30 products with images and descriptions.

i want to imput my stockcode and description into all of these, however when i tested it with the first 2; indesign is only reading the first cells in the excel (saved as CSV) document.

adobe support told me to watch a youtube video which didnt really help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

dont really get you here, but…

…it seems, that your excel cells below BulkerBag Flap are empty.

…and you have to fill every template text with the DataMerge-variable, these "nam libere tempore" have to be something like <<stockcode>>

Or is it that you have missed the option for multiple items per page instead of one item multiple times per page?
Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 08.38.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved by now. If it is, we'd appreciate if you can mark the earlier response correct if it helped. If you used any other method, you may share it here. It'll help other users with the similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know so that we can assist you further. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Data Merge feature from InDesign doesn't have a "next record" type field that is similar to the one in Microsoft Word. To accomplish the task that is pictured, you would make one record with the appropriate elements and then use the multiple record feature from the export dialog box.

I personally have found issues with the feature and have written a lengthy article about it elsewhere: https://colecandoo.com/2013/12/28/data-merge-multiple-record-madness/

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines