Highlighted

Data Merge: paragraph styles behind empty fields

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

my problem is that when I insert text via Data Merge, the applied paragraph style, both paragraph shading and paragraph border are even applied to fields where the data is empty. How is it achievable, that the border and shading are only shown behind real data and not empty paragraphs.

remove empty lines is checked, but toggling it does not change anything..

I have attached an images which shows the problem. Under »06 Sa« and »07 SO« there should not be anything visible.indesign paragraph shading.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Data Merge: paragraph styles behind empty fields

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

my problem is that when I insert text via Data Merge, the applied paragraph style, both paragraph shading and paragraph border are even applied to fields where the data is empty. How is it achievable, that the border and shading are only shown behind real data and not empty paragraphs.

remove empty lines is checked, but toggling it does not change anything..

I have attached an images which shows the problem. Under »06 Sa« and »07 SO« there should not be anything visible.indesign paragraph shading.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Data Merge connected spreadsheet file, are those fields really empty, or are there spacebar spaces in the spreadsheet cell?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea! unfortunately I just checked and there is not a single space between two commas/separators (checked via the search funktion », ,«). Tried the same project with a tab separated spreadsheet – not luck either.

The CSV file looks like this when open with a text editor.

2020-04-28 17_03_49-C__Users_JohannesX1_Dropbox_Wochenkalender_Wochenkalender Data Merge.csv • (2019.jpg

best regards,

Johannes Buldmann 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Johannes,

es kann sein, dass da doch "etwas" im Absatz steht. Auch wenn's nicht sichtbar ist, also einen "Weißraum" ausmacht.

Ich vermute ein paar Sonderzeichen vom Typ Unicode FEFF. Mit einer Textsuche lassen die sich finden und auch löschen.

Das Suchpattern in der Text-Suche ist: <FEFF>

Wichtig: Eine GREP-Suche nach \x{FEFF} funktioniert nicht.

Da wird nichts gefunden!

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0