Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge: PDF Export problem

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

So I decided to post here because I have a problem with the PDF export feature after Data Merge. In fact, I realised professional cards for my enterprise and I decided to use Data Merge but after export to PDF I can see all my component but if i decided to send it to another people some components disappear like my personnal QR CODE with custom color (Depending of people like People A is red and People B is white) and I follow this tutorial https://indesignsecrets.com/creating-colored-qr-codes-during-a-data-merge.php and same for icons like phone and email. But all of this not appear on PDF when I send it. When I open it on Adobe Acrobat Reader no problem but in "Apercu" on Mac OS I don't see it...

Thank you in advance for your help

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

I'm assuming Apercu translates to Preview. If so, Preview is an imperfect PDF viewer, it does not reliably show layers and special colors. You could try to optimize the PDF in Acrobat to flatten the visible layers and discard hidden content (File> save as other> Optimized PDF). If that does not help, could you please turn on the Acrobat Output Preview tool and take a screen shot, so we can see the colors used in the PDF? You might need to map the color to a new color using an Acrobat preflight,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming Apercu translates to Preview. If so, Preview is an imperfect PDF viewer, it does not reliably show layers and special colors. You could try to optimize the PDF in Acrobat to flatten the visible layers and discard hidden content (File> save as other> Optimized PDF). If that does not help, could you please turn on the Acrobat Output Preview tool and take a screen shot, so we can see the colors used in the PDF? You might need to map the color to a new color using an Acrobat preflight, or change the color before using Data Merge.

Discard hidden layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a great tutorial of Colin flashman. He uses separation layers and knockout groups which produces print optimized qr-codes. Acrobat will show them correctly as it can handle these types of layers. Other PDF viewers will have issues previewing them. If you will use them for printing only then no worries. If you need screen PDFs try Luke's proposal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines