Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge URL won't work?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm kinda new with indesign and im not quite sure if there is any solution to my problem.

I would like to make some digital cards with URL's on some icons or either texts (different URL for each card). The issue is if a "drag and drop" or "write by hand" any of the entries into URL of hyperlink's dialog to add a link on any element (icon in my case) it won't accept it and make it work. 

See image below.

Capture-preview.png

Another example.
On the entry "section" of each employ i want to re-direct with a link to different webpage depeding on the section the employ is.

Here are the entries but i can't add the actual URL over the icons, the hyperlink of web entry just includes the image..

Capture-entries.png

There are a lot of entries to be done and im trying to save time by doing this maually.

Any help will be greatfull,
Thank you

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Indesigns data merge is not capable of creating hyperlinks.

You either have to do it with a script or use some third party tools (which are usually not free)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indesigns data merge is not capable of creating hyperlinks.

You either have to do it with a script or use some third party tools (which are usually not free)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines