Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Database error?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have anm InDesign file which now won't open saying it's a 'database error'. It was saved on the Google Drive and I've copied to my desktop - however neither will open. I've restarted my mac, deinstalled and reinstalled InDesign but nothing seems to work. Can anyone advise?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html

Bla-bla-bla and 

>>> If no resolution works, share the affected file with us at idfile@adobe.com. We'll investigate the issue and let you know if the recovery is possible. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/inddrecovery-programa-dlja-vosstanovlenija-dokumentov-adobe-indesign....

and try this utility for extracting some text from damaged indd

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, already tried recovery - didn't work. Have sent the file to the email address and had a response to say it's been downloaded (wetransfer). Nothinng back yet. In the meantime am uninstalling CC and all Adobe apps and will reinstall.

Do you have any insight as to why this has happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Do you have any insight as to why this has happened?

I don't trust to any "cloud" and prefer to work on HDD and do periodically save as and auto-backup. 

>>  Have sent the file to the email address and had a response to say it's been downloaded (wetransfer). Nothinng back yet

If few days already then re-ask them again for the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is dead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, here you go - https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/inddrecovery-programa-dlja-vosstanovlenija-dokumentov-adobe-indesign....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that's an .exe file? I'm on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is. Ask you friend/colleagues with Windows, for example. This is known utility for extracting text from damaged indd (if that text available in it) that helps many people many years. If text in this indd is not so serious for you - forget it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines