Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date Modified is not updated for InDesign files only

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, everyone,

I have an iMac and I noticed that after some of the tests with inDesign the date relative to the modification of the file does not change. Out of curiosity I tried to do further tests with other applications such as Photoshop but it works.

Do you know by chance how to solve it?

Thank you very much, Thank you

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would help if you included the versions of InDesign and the Operating System you are using.

Can you try to Open a document, and make a Save As.. to overwrite it. Let us know if that makes a difference.

Don't hesitate to include a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Thank you for the information, I'm now doing the necessary checks.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that we are using the CC2018 and CC2019 versions of inDesign. The computer is an iMac with Mojave.

When I get feedback after the checks I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I used save as... and the modification date is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacopo,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, when you make changes to the InDesign file, the date modified is not changed in finder/explorer. I just checked the same thing at my end and it is working fine (See screenshot).

Please try restarting your system and check if that helps. If that doesn't help, please share the information asked by Eric along with the following details:

• Have you tried checking this on different InDesign files? Are all of them showing the same behavior?
  • Where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Try saving a new file on Desktop, edit it and save it after some time. Let us know if that works as expected.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I check your question:

• It happen on all of the inDesign files.

• They are saved on the server and  also locally.

• For files created and then reopened and saved using the shortcut (CMD+S) the modification date remains unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the header of the column specifying Modified Date or Creation Date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you changing the file, or just using SAVE?

Some apps ignore a SAVE if you haven't changed the file (as it doesn't change anything except the date).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I change the file and after I save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the header of the column is specifying Modified Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacopos37819286  wrote

In the header of the column is specifying Modified Date

If you shut down your machine, boot it up again and reconnect to the server is the modified date updated?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone fix this?

srishtib8795206​

Looking forward thank you

Jacopo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having this same issue. Windows 8, InDesign CS5.5. When I open an existing file, edit it and then "save", the date does not change to the current date when I view it in Explorer. Even if I "save as" and use the same name, it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here can fix software, this is a user forum, with people who run the software, like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2020 and still having this problem. Windows 10 and Indesign 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two days ago I updated to ID 2020. Today, InDesign saved my "Date Modified" to July 13 2020. In fact, I created the file on July 15, and updated it on July 18 (yesterday). The date remains as Last Modified July 13 2020. I wish that was my only problem, but since moving to 2020, on two occasions the screen became trashed, with a rather random appearance, missing things like grids and columns, photos, text...essentially junk all over the place. Closing and opening the program fixed things. Finally, I saved a file as idml to see if that would help. InDesign by default did not remember that my recent file was an idml -- instead it wanted to open the .indd file. Somehow, I lost a few hours or work in this situation, possibly partly my fault, but I am honestly not sure I made any mistakes. I am afraid I will need to revert to the 2018 version unless these bugs become noticed by others, and hopefully fixed. And some day I would like to see the Text Wrap bugs fixed. I can't be the only person who noticed that two adjacent columns of text respond differently to photos which should treat them with the same white space. I fix it by manually creating invisible panels to force the text columns to align properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines