Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete key stopped working

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

My delete key has all of a sudden stopped working.

Thought it might have been my keyboard so changed battery/swapped keyboard, re-started computer, tried other programs an not having the same issue so it is definitely InDesign.

Is anyone else having this issue? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

did you try to reset indesign preferences?

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files. ...
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

There is also one article here.

It may help you

https://indesignsecrets.com/delete-key-stopped-working-indesign.php#:~:text=The%20solution%3A%20return%20to%20the,hit%20the%20Cancel%20button%20instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to reset indesign preferences?

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files. ...
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

There is also one article here.

It may help you

https://indesignsecrets.com/delete-key-stopped-working-indesign.php#:~:text=The%20solution%3A%20retu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius, THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - this just happened to me... unsure what to do. trying to edit some audio files.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me to!! what did you do to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to be with audtion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this issue go to Prefrences/Advanced Type/Default Composer. Take note of what your current composer is then switch composers doesnt really matter what you switch to. Click OK and test your Backspace, Delete, Etc... Then go back to Prefrences/Advanced Type/Default Composer and switch back to what it was to begin with. It should work just fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is by far the worst advice ever. Do not do this. I cannot even use InDesign at all anymore ... it is unusable. All my preferences are gone and i cannot use the program any longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which advice is not working for you? Please add details on what you did and what you mean exactly by "I cannot even use InDesign at all anymore ... it is unusable". This is an old discussion so better is to open a new discussion of your own.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines