Highlighted

Deleted extension files caused an error on startup

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently deleted my Adobe cache files on my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.2) and I think I may have also deleted some of the extensions so now there is an error when I open InDesign. I have uninstalled and reinstalled via Creative Cloud and still have the same problem. Is there a way I can redownload the files so that the application can run smoothly?  

I can still use InDesign if I open and create new documents from the File tab so it is not a major issue. Just wondering if there was a way to fix it or do I just have to ignore it?

Topics

Bug, Performance, Scripting, Server developers, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleted extension files caused an error on startup

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently deleted my Adobe cache files on my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.2) and I think I may have also deleted some of the extensions so now there is an error when I open InDesign. I have uninstalled and reinstalled via Creative Cloud and still have the same problem. Is there a way I can redownload the files so that the application can run smoothly?  

I can still use InDesign if I open and create new documents from the File tab so it is not a major issue. Just wondering if there was a way to fix it or do I just have to ignore it?

Topics

Bug, Performance, Scripting, Server developers, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even remove all the preferences when uninstalling InDesign? Are there any other Adobe applications installed on the machine? Maybe try removing using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
afxster LATEST
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all the preferences when uninstalling. I did have other Adobe apps but I have uninstalled those (removing preferences) and I still have the problem. Run the creative cloud cleaner tool and still have the problem. I'll probably just ignore it for now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines