• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting a file on InDesign that I already deleted on my desktop

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved an InDesign file to my desktop and later deleted it. The file is still on my InDesign homepage but I can't open it on delete it. When I try to open the file it says "either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use in another application". Please help me delete/remove this file from my InDesign homepage!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

InDesign does not update this list as per the availability of the file, i.e., it does not remove the entry if the file is deleted or moved. Presumably, Illustrator does this but not InDesign. The only way I see this list being reset is

• If you trash the preferences.
  • If you change the value of no. of recent items to display in the preferences section. Preferences>File Handling.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you quit of InDesign and reopened? If that doesn't work, restart your computer, and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign does not update this list as per the availability of the file, i.e., it does not remove the entry if the file is deleted or moved. Presumably, Illustrator does this but not InDesign. The only way I see this list being reset is

• If you trash the preferences.
  • If you change the value of no. of recent items to display in the preferences section. Preferences>File Handling.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines