• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designing business forms - How do I create a certain number of lines between a top and bottom line?

Advocate ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this in InDesign, but I forget the method. I have a top lin on a page and a bottom line that needs a certain number of lines total or 'so many lines' in between. This creates a nice uniform distance between every line suitable for a business form. Which dialog should I call up to get to this capability in InDesign? 

TIA,

Ken

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

If you're using actual lines, as opposed to text lines, I suggest the align/distribute features. Here's a random distribution of lines:

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.42.28 PM.png

After selecting the lines, I chose Align Horizontal Centers (circled in red) and Distribute Vertical Centers (circled in green) from the Control window that runs at the top of the screen (Window>Control, if it's not showing already). That gives me this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.42.52 PM.pngss.png

The top and bottom lines are the same distance apart as they were before my action, and all of the lines between

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using actual lines, as opposed to text lines, I suggest the align/distribute features. Here's a random distribution of lines:

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.42.28 PM.png

After selecting the lines, I chose Align Horizontal Centers (circled in red) and Distribute Vertical Centers (circled in green) from the Control window that runs at the top of the screen (Window>Control, if it's not showing already). That gives me this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.42.52 PM.pngss.png

The top and bottom lines are the same distance apart as they were before my action, and all of the lines between are spaced evenly, based on the available space. If you want them to be a specific distance apart, use Window>Object & Layout>Align to open the Align pallet, click  Show Options from the fly-out to reveal Distribute Spacing, check the Use Spacing checkbox and enter the amount you want between lines in the field to the right.

ss2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct answer and even more beautiful than I expected. Thank You as this will help me get the job done and in first class shape also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines