• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designing PDF for full colour screen and eco friendly printing

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so ive been asked to design an interactive pdf via indd - not a problem, but the client wants it in full colour for screen viewing and then to be downloadable for home printing with little to no images / colour so they can be ECO friendly.

Is there a particular way i should approach this type of project? Can i build this into the one document or will i need to strip the images and colour work from the original and save it as another 'eco print' document? Any help would be apreciated!

Sam

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't really have to do anything.

In the printer dialog box printing a PDF out of Acrobat, there are two switches to turn on:

Print in B/W

and

Save toner

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can convert the pages to grayscale via the Destination in the Output tab. Try using the PDF/X-4 preset with the destination set to gray or Black Ink profile:

Screen Shot 29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines