• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

destination name is changed after InDesign file is exported

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made destiantions with short, simple names. But after the InDesign file is exported for a PDF file, the names of destinations have been added with the InDesign file name and something like sequence number. I wonder if there are ways to keep the simple short names for destinations after InDesign files are exported.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing more details about your workflow? You may share screenshots or a small video of the workflow so that we can understand your issue better. Please share the version of OS and InDesign as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ashutosh,

This has been an issue for quite some time. I believe what is happening is the destinations are being indexed. Each time they are exported, the numbers change.  hongw55269720 may be new to this issue but many of us have been tortured by it for years.

Back in CS4 (possibly up to CS6) there were no index numbers. This made the destinations reliable for linking to the text anchor from an outside source, such as a software program. Now, the indexing effectively changes the named destination every time the document is saved and exported to PDF.

This is a serious issue in documents with hundreds of named destinations which must be consistent. So far there is no real fix that I am aware.

StJDame_0-1594645882037.png

StJDame_1-1594645911605.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines