• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Devanagari in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do conjuncts in Devanagari using the Devanagari keyboard, using the Arial Unicode font. The problem is that when I use the glyphs to insert the first half of a conjunct, it doesn't put in the glyph I select (1/2 the character). Instead it puts in the full character with a hul after it. I need this to work - any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 9.43.32 PM.png

Embellish everything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

I had a similar problem when trying to work with Gujarati text recently. It was the first time I'd worked in that language and didn't realise at first that you needed Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer switched on in the Preferences. That sorted out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem when trying to work with Gujarati text recently. It was the first time I'd worked in that language and didn't realise at first that you needed Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer switched on in the Preferences. That sorted out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are my Adobe hero! That completely fixed it! Whew! THANK YOU!!

Embellish everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines