Highlighted

Devanagari Script Numerals in Numbered para

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on the Marathi Language Book with Adobe Devanagari Open type Unicode Font for the devanagari script, (which uses similar script at that of Hindi & Sanskrit) 

this book contains lot of Numberd lists and the issue i am facing is, i am not able to get the Auto Numbered para styles in Devanagari Script Numbers, what i am getting is Roman Numerals for auto generated numberd para list, (as more particularly described in the attached example image / file) 

this same applies to Auto Page numbering, some how i am not able to get the Devanagari Script Numbers wherever i try to use auto generated numbered in InDesign

please guide me in getting this streamlined

thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

You can't add new numbering list apart from what is provided, see the following thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/creating-custom-numbering-system/m-p/11129842?page=1#M186205

-Manan

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Scripting, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Devanagari Script Numerals in Numbered para

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on the Marathi Language Book with Adobe Devanagari Open type Unicode Font for the devanagari script, (which uses similar script at that of Hindi & Sanskrit) 

this book contains lot of Numberd lists and the issue i am facing is, i am not able to get the Auto Numbered para styles in Devanagari Script Numbers, what i am getting is Roman Numerals for auto generated numberd para list, (as more particularly described in the attached example image / file) 

this same applies to Auto Page numbering, some how i am not able to get the Devanagari Script Numbers wherever i try to use auto generated numbered in InDesign

please guide me in getting this streamlined

thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

You can't add new numbering list apart from what is provided, see the following thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/creating-custom-numbering-system/m-p/11129842?page=1#M186205

-Manan

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Scripting, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 1