Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference blend mode question

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

First time poster here. I just started doing Adobe InDesign tutorials the other day. 

I'm working on this one: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/ebook-cover-design.html?playlist=/services/playlist.helpx/pr...

I want to create the same blend as seen here in the word "Emerge". I see they selected the "Difference" blend option with 100% opacity, but I tried it and it didn't do what their tutorial shows. I tried messing with the opacity and nothing worked. Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.58.20 PM.png

I can't figure out how to make the word look "inverted" or like an X-ray, with the white and black colors inverted.  

Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like in the tutorial and how I want it to look. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

I think I got it figured out. 

I went to Edit - Transparency Blend Space - Document CMYK and I got the desired effect I wanted. Just needed to experiment with it a little bit. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I got it figured out. 

I went to Edit - Transparency Blend Space - Document CMYK and I got the desired effect I wanted. Just needed to experiment with it a little bit. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines