• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different font thickness across two Indesign files

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two InDesign documents, both the same size (A5) and I am having problems with the font thickness being the same between the two. There's no difference in type, stroke, thickness, drop shadows, colour, background etc. but one seems lots thicker than the other. 

Even when I copy and paste the SAME element/text box across each file, the thickness changes. 

See screenshots below - this is Monsterrat Regular in both documents.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 17.11.59.png

Screenshot 2020-06-22 17.11.52.png

This seems to be the same issue throughout:  (eg. see below different content/wording but the same font and size etc. across both documents)

Screenshot 2020-06-22 17.17.33.png

Screenshot 2020-06-22 17.17.19.png

Is this to do with the set-up of the document perhaps? I really can't tell why there should be such a dramatic difference. This stays the same when exporting as PDF but I am working in Indesign only for now, then need to export and send to print. 

Thank you, I hope you can help.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something different about the background graphic? Like, is one a Photoshop image and the other a frame in InDesign? Can you share the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded the indesign files - do they need to be packaged? 

- Ah! And I have just looked, I resaved the files as smaller versions sto upload here, and they seem to be the same now. so now I will try resaving the other files perhaps with new names... Still very confused about why this happened but hopefully this resolves it!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly because of font settings in Paragraph Styles.

• If you used styles to format your work, check which font, size and weight is defined in them in Document 1 and Document 2.
  • If you didn't used styles, then InDesign automatically applied [Basic Paragraph] to your text, and this style can sometimes not retain the font settings when text is copied/pasted from one document to another.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it happen in an exported PDF? Can you post the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines