• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different typeface weight names

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you guys solve the issue that typefaces name their weights differently when applying character styles? For some fonts "Medium" is used whereas in others "Semibold" is the weight, they are equvilent to each other. This means I have to setup two character styles if I play on using two typefaces in the document. Does any body have an easier solution?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Font designers are not required to follow rules about how they name their styles. It hasn't existed in the past, and I doubt it will in the future. I'd say: Get used to it! If you like the "Medium" label use that as the name for your character style, even if the font calls the equivalent weight "Semibold" or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Using groups and good descriptive names is the best way to organize your styles panels

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font designers are not required to follow rules about how they name their styles. It hasn't existed in the past, and I doubt it will in the future. I'd say: Get used to it! If you like the "Medium" label use that as the name for your character style, even if the font calls the equivalent weight "Semibold" or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using groups and good descriptive names is the best way to organize your styles panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines