disable Background process - pdf

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this option still available?

I didn't find it in the preferences, in the last version (13.08)

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Mentor , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018
1. Create blank text file “DisableAsyncExports.txt”.2. Place it in:MAC OS: /Applications/Adobe InDesign XX/Adobe InDesign XX.app/Contents/MacOS/DisableAsyncExports.txtWin: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign XX\DisableAsyncExports.txt(that said, path where your ID is installed).3. To get things back, just remove/rename that text file.Didn't test this in latest ID, but it works in earlier versions, so worth to try.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly is the requirement? Do you wish to disable the background task? This option was never available in default installation of InDesign

-Aman

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Create blank text file “DisableAsyncExports.txt”.

2. Place it in:

MAC OS: /Applications/Adobe InDesign XX/Adobe InDesign XX.app/Contents/MacOS/DisableAsyncExports.txt

Win: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign XX\DisableAsyncExports.txt

(that said, path where your ID is installed).

3. To get things back, just remove/rename that text file.

Didn't test this in latest ID, but it works in earlier versions, so worth to try.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still Works!!!

I was thinking wrong too, for me this option was not obsolete.  Because, I don't know why, but I remember saw disable background printing appears in the file menu after this "hack" text file been in my InDesign app.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be working in InDesign 2021.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other way to disable background PDF exports?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines