Highlighted

Disable Zoom to Selection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one disable zoom to selection and make InDesign zoom to page/spread instead?
I find it very counter-intuitive that my page view changes every time I zoom when an object is selected.

Please read carefully and know your software before following up. If you are not fully certain you can provide a solution, or you are in love with this zoom to object feature, please refrain from posting a reply. Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one disable zoom to selection and make InDesign zoom to page/spread instead?
I find it very counter-intuitive that my page view changes every time I zoom when an object is selected.

Please read carefully and know your software before following up. If you are not fully certain you can provide a solution, or you are in love with this zoom to object feature, please refrain from posting a reply. Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mariano– 

which InDesign version do you use?

how do you zoom?

[Alt]+scroll       ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but there's no preference to disable it. You'd have to use something other than the zoom keystrokes, such as:

• holding Option/Alt and scrolling
  • holding Cmd–Space (Mac) or Ctrl–Space (Windows) and clicking on where you want to zoom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 2
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok @Mariano– 

now I fully understand the last sentence in your first post:

"Please read carefully and know your software before following up. If you are not fully certain you can provide a solution, or you are in love with this zoom to object feature, please refrain from posting a reply. Thank you."

I found your thread from May 2019 with the same topic.

Too bad that you did not mention the thread.

1. No, there is still no preference to disable that behaviour.
  2. All you can do is try to use the other zoom options as described in this and your older thread.
  3. You can search/vote or write a topic on indesign.uservoice.com Filter:zoom 

You currently have no other options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both pixxxelschubser and Dan_Rodney for providing useful, thorough answers, instead of replying for the sake of earning points.
I'll submit a feature request, as suggested.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mariano– wrote: "… I'll submit a feature request, as suggested."

At the moment this is the most sensible decision.

What else could you do? Copy the link from your feature request and post it here. Perhaps one or the other would also like to vote for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0