• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discolored RGB Images in InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few months, whenever I place an RGB image into indesign, it becomes discolored. See the attached image- the bottom is accurate color, and the top is what happens to every rgb image. Cymk images place normally. I've messed around a lot with color profiles and have searched on these forums for help and have yet to find a solution. I've tried changing transparency blending to RGB, synchronizing color settings in Bridge, I've tried searching for old color profile presets to delete them (never actually found the suggested profile to delete), and decided to post on here in hopes of a more direct solution to this problem. Anybody out there who has successfully fixed this? I'm working in the most current version of indesign.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Emily doesn’t seem to know what profile is assigned, but in Photoshop I can replicate the color difference she is showing in her attached screen capture by assuming it is ProPhoto RGB.

Here my Photoshop Color Settings RGB Working Space is sRGB, so if I remove the profile via Assign Profile>Don’t Color Manage This Document, I get the Working sRGB appearance for the image.

Screen Shot 15.png

Screen Shot 16.png

Here is Emily’s capture:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 2.44.07 PM-2.png

When you are placing images in InDesign, the application’s Color Settings don’t usuall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the expected color difference you would get if the Photoshop RGB file had ProPhoto RGB assigned, the file got saved without its profile, and was placed in an InDesign document with sRGB as its RGB assignment:

Screen Shot 13.png

RGB images always need to be saved with a profile. Save your files as  PSDs and make sure Embed Color Profile is checked in the Save dialog.

Screen Shot 14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to pin down where things have gone astray without seeing your color settings, or what profile/or no profile may be embedded in your image. If your seetings are indeed sync'd across your CC apps through Bridge, what happens when you convert to cmyk in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget converting to CMYK. I never do, rather allowing it to happen when creating my print-ready PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree; I wasn't suggesting that. It was an experiment to see if the same color shift happens in Photoshop, which might point to where the settings are screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emily doesn’t seem to know what profile is assigned, but in Photoshop I can replicate the color difference she is showing in her attached screen capture by assuming it is ProPhoto RGB.

Here my Photoshop Color Settings RGB Working Space is sRGB, so if I remove the profile via Assign Profile>Don’t Color Manage This Document, I get the Working sRGB appearance for the image.

Screen Shot 15.png

Screen Shot 16.png

Here is Emily’s capture:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 2.44.07 PM-2.png

When you are placing images in InDesign, the application’s Color Settings don’t usually have any affect.

If I save the image with no embedded profile, place it in InDesign, it would be the ID document’s assigned RGB profile that manages the unprofiled image, which might not be the same as Color Settings RGB Working Space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup.. I did a similar test and got similar results. I 'm still curious about her actual CMS settings in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines