• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display items on a page at user pace

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm wondering if this is possible in InDesign & how to accomplish it? The idea is essentially a slide show that reveals an items at a time rather than changing the whole page. I'd like to have a page that says....

This is a good sentence.

Here's another one.

This third sentence is also good.

But the user experience would be...

This is a good sentence.

<click>

This is a good sentence.

Here's another one.

<click>

This is a good sentence.

Here's another one.

This third sentence is also good.

I know I can accomplish this by just creating three separate pages, but that is labor-intensive and very difficult to manage/ edit. Please lmk if you have any ideas!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

You are describing a Powerpoint presentation. This would be very labor-intensive in InDesign but could be done with multistate objects for epub or publish online.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are describing a Powerpoint presentation. This would be very labor-intensive in InDesign but could be done with multistate objects for epub or publish online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks interesting. Would I have to put each sentence in its own textbox? Or is there some function like a line break that will allow InDesign to see the sentences as separate objects? Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could do it with animations in separate text frames or just build it with the MSO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines