Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distribute horizontal centers

Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I have 4 graphics which differ in sizes and I want to evenly space them over a defined amount of space. The first image shows how the graphics are placed before I press the "Distribute horizontal centers" button. The second is after I pressed the button but as you can see the graphics are not evenly spaced from each other. Is there a way to evenly spaces the graphics?

EDIT: The graphics are made in Illustrator and are linked from the .ai  to the.indd file

Before "Distribute horizontal centers"Before "Distribute horizontal centers"

after "Distribute horizontal centers"after "Distribute horizontal centers"

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

You'll need to open either the Alignment panel or the Properties panel to access Distribute Spacing. Select the objects, then click on the Distribute horizontal spacing button. You can also space them a specific amount apart by checking Use Spacing, entering the amount in the field to the right.

Screenshot 2020-05-20 12.08.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to open either the Alignment panel or the Properties panel to access Distribute Spacing. Select the objects, then click on the Distribute horizontal spacing button. You can also space them a specific amount apart by checking Use Spacing, entering the amount in the field to the right.

Screenshot 2020-05-20 12.08.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why I didn't looked further in the alignment panel...Up until now I always have been able to space items or objects by using the distribute horizontal centers. I learned something new today 🙂

Thank you for providing the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines