• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DO NOT INSTALL InDesign 2021

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know that this version is far away from being production ready. Constant crashes, changes which were made and saved are gone after reopening the file, cross link formattings are resetting themselves, opening a file from a book file without having opened any other file crashes InDesign …

I already lost hours of work with this version. Never thought InDesign can get worse but Adobe proofed me wrong. And I find it pretty cheeky to highlight their "improvements" in performance and stability.

Just wait two or three updates until you install version 2021 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020
New releases always have bugs. I haven't seen any dealbreakers, yet, but I always choose to leave the prior version installed when installing a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New releases always have bugs. I haven't seen any dealbreakers, yet, but I always choose to leave the prior version installed when installing a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but this time there is also a new file format so I would have to convert all the files back. 

Yes you are right, there are always bugs. But there are so many that I'm really disappointed. It seems it is getting worse from year to year. I know from many people that InDesign has a bad reputation regarding stability. E.g. one of my clients is making his newspaper with it. Since years he's talking about being forced to restart InDesign two or three times a day to be able to produce his newspaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't get any argument from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reliable as always: doing nothing in InDesign for a while and the program already uses nearly 100 % of CPU 😂 you always know what you get when you work with InDesign 🤯Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-29 um 14.57.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will never ever ever install a new InDesign version before waiting for half a year. Still after the first patch crashes, crashes, crashes. I don't know how this version could be released. Who is gonna pay me for all this wasted time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob said:

"New releases always have bugs. I haven't seen any dealbreakers, yet, but I always choose to leave the prior version installed when installing a new version."

This is a wise decision.

About a possible deal breaker: Seen one possible candidate today.

Text wrap different in Indesign 16
hubert_l, Nov 06, 2020

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/text-wrap-different-in-indesign-16/td-p/11573993

Seems, that the behavior of text wrap with indented text has changed again.

Tested a bit with the OP's document from InDesign 2020 when opened and worked on in 2021:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/text-wrap-different-in-indesign-16/m-p/11579255#M402935

I was not amused.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's absolutely right. But InDesign gets worse every release and that is my main point. Actually I have so many crashes with a book project (600p) that it cost me the whole day. How can Adobe think this program is production ready??? When I want to play around with new features I install the beta version.  But this should be the release we should be able to work with and earn money. So far mission failed. 

I strongly recommend Adobe to skip every new feature for the next release and fix all the bugs InDesign has. And really focus on performance and stability. Otherwise we need an alternative because this is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been screaming that from the mountaintops for several years now.

I want them to fix things instead of giving me new broken things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Word 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines