• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Page transitions work when publishing online?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added page transitions but they only seem to come into effect when I export as an interactive PDF. When I export online they do not seem to play. Is there a solution to this, or is there something I am not selecting when I publish online?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

I believe page transitions in interactive PDF and (formerly) with SWF are Flash-based. However, Publish Online uses HTML5 a totally different and more modern technology, so NO PAGE TRANSITIONS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe page transitions in interactive PDF and (formerly) with SWF are Flash-based. However, Publish Online uses HTML5 a totally different and more modern technology, so NO PAGE TRANSITIONS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I have to buy a seperate app IN5 to get better transitions in Indesign? SURELY we are paying enough to have access to better transitions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What question – spell it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add a slide-in transition to your Publish Online document by adding ?transition after the URL, but note it will only work on a desk-top browser. Alternatively, there are loads of third-party apps that offer page-turning features from a PDF, such as: https://www.paperturn.com/uk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines