• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Page Transitions wrok when publishing online?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Just wondering if this works as intended? I have added a cover effect to ALL my pages.

When publishing online (or as an interactive PDF for that matter) I don't get any transition effect.

Not sure if this is not supported anymore but was wondering if I am doing anything wrong.

When publishing online, if I add a '?transition' to the end of the URL I do get a fade and wipe effect... not sure why that is?

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe page transitions in interactive PDF and (formerly) with SWF are Flash-based. (Flash is now officially DEAD.) However, Publish Online uses HTML5 a totally different and more modern technology, so NO PAGE TRANSITIONS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so not possible anymore. That should probably be removed from the program as an option then 😕

Thanks Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some SWF only page transitions. Those are gone but they never worked with PDF.

The page transitions that are available now definitely work in Interactive PDF but only in full screen mode in Acrobat. I have no idea if any other PDF reader can handle them and they are not for Publish Online.

2021-01-22_6-55-56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF-XChange Editor / Viewer supports page transitions as good as Acrobat, and only in full screen presentation mode, just like Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used to be able to get a transition effect by adding a "?" (no quote marks) after the Publish Online URL but it only worked on computers. I haven't tested it recently to see whether it still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines