• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document version history

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A coworker opened a file I'd been working on and said most of the text was missing. I checked the version history and found one where the text was all there. I attempted to restore that version, and I got an error that the version no longer existed. The page refershed an ALL the versions from the previous day (there were 3 or 4) had disappeared, and the only version available was the one that was partially completed. What happened to my other versions? Is there any way to restore them? It was hours of work. 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you checking the version history? Are you using a third party plug-in History Panel such as the one offered by DTP Tools? If that is the case then you may want to contact the maker of the plug-in to find out its limitations for recovering an earlier version of the file. If it works like Photoshop's history panel then the ability to revert to an earlier moment in the file's history ends when the file is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not using a plugin, I'm just lookign at the timline on the synched file. Earlier today, there were several versions, synched at different times. Suddenly, they all disappered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines