• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

document versioning

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During my regular backups, I recall distinctly seeing that InDesign had saved my documents in previous states -- maybe half a dozen for each doc in a book. I even opened one to recapture some lost text. This occurred within the last two years. Since then I have gone happily along (doing regular backups) but also in the understanding that InDesign was saving usable previous states of my documents in a folder called -- if I remember correctly -- versions.

This feature seems to have disappeared. I only noticed it because I didn't see it during my backup.

Does anyone else remember this? Can you direct me to where this was being saved or tell me how to set it up again? (ID has been through a version or two since then.)

Thanks.

-j

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s never been built-in, but it could be scripted. Maybe you were running a startup script or a plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once there was Version Cue that saved versions of your work, but that stopped in 2008.

You have a CC account, so you can sync your files by saving them in your local CC files folder.

They automatically get versioned (you can go back to previous file versions for at least 10 days ago).

And don't forget to still make traditonal backups as well...

Sync:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

Versioning:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/versioning-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember Version Cue, but that isn't what I'm recalling, which is much more recent than that. Anyway, it's an excellent tip to save to CC -- which I wasn't aware of except as a clout-based offline storage service.

-j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines