• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document window and application tool frame not visible when I launch InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the deal is with InDesign these days, but I am extremely frustrated over this bug that suddenly happened. It's been a few months now, it was resolved at one point and now it's unresolved? I am currently working (trying to anyway) on the latest version, 15.0.1 on a Macbook pro. When I launch InDesign, the document window nor the application tool frame opens properly. I can see that InDesign has launched, but my document window is hidden. So I go to Window > Arrange > Float in Window, that finaly displays my document but in the tiniest of windows ever, so I expand that window and there is no application frame, just the document window and all my workspace tools are missing. After spending HOURS over multiple days of fussing with it, I read somewhere to select application frame, that worked. BUT now my document window is not really docked to my application frame.  I can't even minimize my application frame. I can minimize the document window, but that still leaves the InDesign Workspace frame open, which makes is funky to work with when working with multiple applications. This is quite frustrating as my document workspace worked fine one day and then suddenly not. Now there's all these uncomfortable workarounds that are NOT effecient.  I am not understanding this, i have spent HOURS fussing with this and looking for solutions,  It's cutting into my work time. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I resetted my preferences, I have tried every suggested solution I came across these forums. So now what?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by restoring your InDesign preferences and cache files:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...https://www.rockymountaintraining.com › ad...

(You said you reset your preferences. Check these instructions which are correct.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same annoying problem and restoring InDesign preferences and cache files worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines