Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document with Single Pages and Spreads

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have been spending a few hours trying to sort out something that probably requires a few clicks but I am unable to figure it out.

I received a document created by another designer. All pages are set up as spreads (Facing Pages is not selected) and they use the same master. The left page has the page number on the left side and the right page on the right side. 

Now, the problem is that they want me to create a PDF where all pages are Single Pages apart from pages [10,11] and [12,13], that should display as Spreads. See attached.

Of course, at the moment, if I export the PDF the only options that I have are all Spreads or all Single Pages. Is there a way to keep these 4 pages as Spreads in a quick way without having to play around with the layout of the document?

Alternatively, I could also invest some time in fixing the layout so it is correctly done going forwards.  What would be the best way to go about it? I am no InDesign expert, but I assume something along the lines of ... Enabling Facing pages, splitting the spreads into Single Pages and positioning there on alternate sides, leaving the 2 spreads in the middle? (See screenshot)

Sorry if this is a really silly question!

Cheers,

Fer

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Hey Rob!

Thanks for your response. In the end, I fixed the layout of the document. It took me a while but now it works fine 🙂

Cheers,

Fer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, the problem is that they want me to create a PDF where all pages are Single Pages apart from pages [10,11] and [12,13], that should display as Spreads. See attached.

Who’s they? It doesn’t seem likely that they would be a printer—a printer would never want a mix of spreads and pages. If it is for online viewing you could export separate documents and combine them using AcrobatPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob!

Thanks for your response. In the end, I fixed the layout of the document. It took me a while but now it works fine 🙂

Cheers,

Fer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fer,

I have this exact issue at the moment. I haven't been able to find any solution so far. Can you remember what you did to fix the layout??

Thanks in advance,

Bex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify - I have received a document that has double page spreads (but the "Facing Pages" box is not checked). I want to convert the whole document into single pages. (I don't need any pages kept as double page spreads, like you did)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines