• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

doScript error: Unable to load Adobe InDesign Type Library (Version 1.0)

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a JSX code that calls a VBS snippet at one point in the script. When I run the below snippet, I get this error: "104705: Unable to load Adobe InDesign Type Library (Version 1.0)" from the doScript line. I just installed Adobe CC on this PC machine; usually I'm working on Mac. Any thoughts here? Thanks. In the full snippet, I'm trying to use VBS to call Outlook to draft an email using info from the document, as well as an exported PDF file. 

var unitTest = function() {
	var vbs = 'MsgBox "Hello"';
	app.doScript(vbs, ScriptLanguage.VISUAL_BASIC, undefined, UndoModes.FAST_ENTIRE_SCRIPT);
}
unitTest();

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

What happens if you once execute InDesign from an admin account?

Maybe it then creates the missing TLB …

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Just going by some doScript examples I have stashed away you can give the below snippet a try.

var unitTest = function() {
 var vbs = 'Set MsgBox = "Hello"';
  app.doScript(vbs, ScriptLanguage.VISUAL_BASIC, undefined, UndoModes.FAST_ENTIRE_SCRIPT);
}
unitTest();

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you once execute InDesign from an admin account?

Maybe it then creates the missing TLB …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. Thought it was something related to VBS, which I'm not accustomed to working in, but that seems to have done it. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our customers called and had a problem with our extension not operating correctly on CC2020. When I installed InDesign 2020 (ver. 15.1.1 x64 Windows) I got the same problem. Running a script version I got the error described here (the error message was not shown properly in the extension) and just starting InDesign as Administrator took care of the errors in both versions, and also at our customer's place.

Am I right that this does not happen between every major version?

But if I recall correclty this has indeed happened before at least once, a few years ago, either in InDesign or Photoshop, that type libraries were not automatically created when upgrading.

Do you remember if that is the case? If so, then this is likely a bug that Adobe needs to be informed of quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Addition to my message above. I added a bug report here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41072476-type-library-i...

Please vote for it to be fixed if you get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines