Highlighted

double line at the bottom of a table row

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am a total beginner with InDesign. I am creating a table and I cannot get ride of this black line on my document (see image here attached)

I have zomm and it is a double line (image attached) but it is not the border of the table (iamge attached as well) and it is not the text.

any idea of what it is and how can I remove it? 

thanks a lot 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

double line at the bottom of a table row

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am a total beginner with InDesign. I am creating a table and I cannot get ride of this black line on my document (see image here attached)

I have zomm and it is a double line (image attached) but it is not the border of the table (iamge attached as well) and it is not the text.

any idea of what it is and how can I remove it? 

thanks a lot 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is not the border of the table it could be the bottom border of that individual cell.

To inspect the bottom border of that cell do the following:

1. Select the cell; you can do this if you select text in the cell and hit the "Esc" key.

2. Then inspect the Control panel's widget for cell strokes.

3. Select the bottom cell stroke only.

To do that click the left, the top and the right stroke of the cell widget so that only the bottom one is showing up in blue.

Screenshot from my German InDesign showing a selected cell and the Control panel.

Look closely into the widget with the cell strokes. The blue one at the bottom is the active one.

All the gray ones are not active:

CellSelected-BottomStrokeSelected-1.PNG

Then inspect the values for stroke weight, line type and color.

Set stroke weight to 0 and stroke color to "None":

CellSelected-BottomStrokeSelected-2.PNG

FWIW: You find the Control panel under menu Window.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines