Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop pictures from Browser in CC Library

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just switched from Windows to Mac. I loved the function to drag & drop pictures from the browser, especially photos from Google Photos directly into the CC Library of In Design (and also choose the placing of the picture in the List of files of the CC Library).

With my new MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina, 10.15.7) unfortunatelly this is no longer possible. In fact the cursor shows a little green plus sign when trying but I cant choose the place in the list of files and also the file is not to find in the CC Lib. This is really frustrating because the only workaround so far is to download the picture, move it to a folder with all the files for the document and then drag and drop it from Finder to InDesign. That takes about 100 times longer than before 😞

Is there a way to make the drag & drop function work?

Thanks so far,

Simon

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For completion: I use InDesign CC 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work Windows and Mac and not noticed any difference in this usage. 

Try resetting your preferences. 

1. macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't change the behavior. Does anybody know this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines