• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drastic Difference in Color Between Swatch & Effects Panels...

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, 

Can anyone explain why I'm seeing such a drastic difference in color between my Swatch and Effects Panel? See the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.46.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 11.00.02 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

I’m seeing the same—looks like the panel interface isn’t color managing the CMYK appearance. It’s not affecting the appearance of the applied shadow. Try setting the Color Mode of your Spot color to Lab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m seeing the same—looks like the panel interface isn’t color managing the CMYK appearance. It’s not affecting the appearance of the applied shadow. Try setting the Color Mode of your Spot color to Lab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. That does seem to fix the issue from a UI perspective; but what about when I send the file to the printer? I realize the name says PANTONE, but it was actually in CMYK color mode. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is limited to swatch proxy in the Effects dialog UI—you should be getting the correct CMYK defined color applied when you create the shadow.

Also your Swatch is defined as a Spot color, if you are expecting it to print on the CMYK process plates set its Color Type to Process in the Swatch Options dialog. Leaving it as Spot will create an extra plate. You can use Separation Preview to check the output values:

Screen Shot 33.png

Spot:

Screen Shot 35.png

Process:

Screen Shot 34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines