• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadow settings not working in InDesign CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change the 'Position' settings for 'Distance', 'X Offset' and 'Y Offset' or 'Size' under 'Options when making a Drop Shadow on an object. Just started happening today...after I binned my InDesign caches folder having had issues with not being able to set path options! Paths are now sorted....but now I have the issue with Drop Shadow. Other effects work fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Steve Werner I just dug into this and tried it, but no avail. Still no drop shadow shortcut. I even went into the preferences to manually re-enter it, but the Adobe InDesign interface won't let me use the same shortcut for the new shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhilRobinson did @Steve Werner's tip work for you? I have the same problem here in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Werner the link you provided is from 2009 and could potentially use some updating. I'm on Windows 10 and am hopiong I'll be able to find these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines